Question: I have downloaded 20 videos from YouTube, all the files are .flv, and now I want to convert it into a format that’ll allow me to burn it into a DVD disc so I can play it on my DVD player at home. Does anyone know any good software that I can download for free to do this ?
Answer: FLV is the abbreviation of FLASH VIDEO, FLV flow media form is one kind of new video frequency form, it’s full name is FLASH Video.
To convert FLV to DVD on Mac, you can free download FLV to DVD Converter for Mac, which can convert FLV files (YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo! Video, etc.) to DVD directly and burn DVDs playable on home DVD players.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to convert and burn FLV files to DVD for Mac OS X (including Snow Leopard).——————————————————————————–
1. Insert a blank DVD Disc (DVD–5 and DVD–9; DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM).
2. Open the software, then click “Add” button to load your FLV files that you want to burn or drag the FLV files directly to the converter.
Note: This FLV to DVD converter supports batch conversion work, you can choose one or many more FLV files to burn.
4. Click “Preview” button to preview the FLV videos before creating DVD.
5. Click “Burn” button to make more settings and choose the form of the output file. (Note: You can choose to make DVD disc directly, or you can choose to save DVD folder or ISO files in your computer for backup).
6. After you finish all the settings, click “start” button to start the burning work, you just need to wait for a few minutes.
source : http://www.stuffdaily.com/how-to-convert-flv-files-to-dvd-on-mac-os-x/